february 3rd - June 9th 2018 | 9am - 5:30pm
Exam Date: June 16th, 2018 | 9am - 3pm (Book Check starts at 8am)
CPC® Certification Prep Course
*** Payment Plans Available ***
*** Call 718-217-3802 for Details ***
Note: If purchasing course for someone other then yourself, please list the attendee's contact information (Name, phone #, email) in the "Attendee Information" field in your shopping cart. Thank you.
CPC® CERTIFICATION Prep COURSE Outline
- Compliance, Anatomy, Word Elements, & Coding Ethics – Business Of Medicine
- A Basic Review, Overview of ICD-10-CM Outpatient Guidelines & Coding Using ICD-10-CM - Neoplasm Table, Table of Drugs & Chemicals, External Causes, Z codes.
- Using ICD-10-CM (Chapters 1-12 in ICD-10-CM ) Outpatient Guidelines & Coding ICD-10-CM.
- Using ICD-10-CM (Chapters 13-19 in ICD-10-CM ) Outpatient Guidelines & Coding ICD-10-CM.
- HCPCS Codes (Level II National Codes), & Introduction to CPT, Modifiers.
- Evaluation & Management Services.
- Anesthesia, Introduction to the Surgery Section, Respiratory
- Integumentary System, Musculoskeletal.
- Cardiovascular System.
- MIDTERM Exam , Hemic, Lymphatic System, Digestive System.
- Midterm review Urinary & Male Genital System, Endocrine.
- Female Genital System Maternity Care, & Eye/ Ear.
- Nervous System, Radiology.
- Pathology & Medicine – Include in each chapter where applicable.
- FINAL Exam
- Final Review
- AAPC CPC Exam
(PPO) = Payment Plan Option due date if set up on payment plan. View Payment Plan Option below for more details.
- Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Professional - Spiral
- Intl. Classification of Diseases-10th-Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) Vol. 1 & 2- Spiral
- Health Care Procedural Coding System (HCPCS) Level II
2. AAPC membership for one year (New Enrollments Only)
Many states and healthcare facilities have already begun to require Medical Coding Certification as a prerequisite for employment in the Medical Coding and Compliance fields. The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) has identified coding and billing as a high risk area, therefore, it is in the best interest of the Facility to ensure that individuals who are directly involved with billing, coding or other aspects of the Federal Healthcare Program receive extensive education specific to the individual’s responsibilities.
Medco Consultants Inc. is committed to advancing the knowledge of the medical community by presenting this comprehensive Professional Medical Coding Curriculum.
This comprehensive curriculum is designed to provide the student with an in-depth knowledge of ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS coding. Students will code from case studies using the latest versions of the ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS coding books. Students will also be instructed on the importance of ethical standards and coding for compliance. This course is designed for anyone with or without a healthcare background looking to start a new career or enhance their current healthcare career with medical coding certification. This course also prepares the student for the nationally recognized CPC® (Certified Professional Coder) or CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist-Physician) credential. The CPC® Exam is proctored on site. Exam fee is not included.
TRAINING SITE LOCATION:
Queens, NY 11365
(Address provided at time of registration)
- At the completion of this course, students will have demonstrated through evaluation (testing) of their performance, their ability to:
- Understand the importance of compliance for coding and billing
- Understand basic anatomy and identify key word elements in medical terminology
- Identify the uses and applications of ICD-10-CM
- Understand the format of the ICD-10-CM manual and conventions for the selection of ICD-10-CM codes
- Identify and understand the importance of correct ICD-10-CM coding for billing and compliance
- Utilize Volumes 1&2 to correctly code illness and disease
- Understand when, why and how to select the appropriate E-code(s) and V-code(s)
- Utilize the Hypertension Table, Neoplasm Table and The Table of Drugs and Chemicals
- Understand Medicare’s rules and regulations pertaining to Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs, formerly LMRPs).
- Understand and properly utilize HCPCS code(s)
- Basic concepts and formats of the CPT book
- Understand Evaluation & Management Services (The Documentation Guidelines both 1995 & 1997)
- Understand the six categories of CPT with their specific guidelines
- The concepts of modifiers and the proper application to the CPT coding system
- Understand the importance of correct ICD-10-CM linkage to procedure codes to demonstrate medical necessity
The curriculum outlined above will be presented in sixteen (16) sessions in a workshop format. Sessions will be seven and a half (7.5) hours long and will be offered once a week on Saturdays for a sixteen (16) week period. Classes are instructed by a Certified Professional Coder (CPC®) . Successful completion of this course (Minimum of 80 hrs. of classroom training) will waive one year of the two years coding work experience required as a pre-requisite for taking the (CPC®) Examination.
AAPC Certification Pre-requisites (Not included with course)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Two years experience in Medical Coding (one year waived upon course completion) Note: Upon passing the exam, a CPC-A (Apprentice) credential will be designated until required coding experience is achieved, at that time the CPC –A credential will be upgraded to CPC® providing all requirements are met.
- Legibly printed AAPC - (CPC®) Exam Application
- (CPC®) Examination Fee ($380.00) Note: $300.00 for registered students
- Note: Payable to AAPC –Credit Card, Certified Check, Corp. Check or MO only!
- Medical Terminology/Anatomy course is recommended
Registration and Payment Methods:
Register on-line at www.medcoconsultants.com to pay in full or call 718.217.3802 for registration with a minimum deposit of $1,100.00 at least 30 days prior to course start date to reserve your seat, the remaining balance of the course ($2,000.00) is due and payable in full on first day of class, unless a payment plan has been arranged as outlined below.
Payment Plan Option (PPO):
**Payment Plans are assessed a $125.00 administrative fee**
All payments are due and payable as per agreed schedule (5- scheduled payments) as listed on the CPC® Course description form and deposit Invoices. If a scheduled payment is missed, you must present it within the following week ($25.00 late fee applies) or you may be excluded from the program, unless other arrangements are agreed to in advance by MEDCO. PPO applicant agrees to be responsible for any and all collection fees including and not limited to attorney fees, court fees, interest and late fees ($25.00 per occurrence) if not paid on dates due.
We accept: Cash, checks, Money Orders, QB-ACH, Chase QuickPay and major credit cards.
Note: Returned checks will be assessed a $25.00 administrative fee
Call 718.217.3802 for registration Form and details.
Call for Details: (718) 217-3802
Refunds, Cancellations & Transfers:
*Transfer requests must be made in writing, and faxed, emailed or postmarked no less than 30 days prior to course start date. Full refunds are made only in the event of a course cancelation by “Medco”. (*Certain fees apply to all transfers) “No Refunds”.
If you are unable to attend the course for which you registered, you may be able to transfer to the next scheduled course (depending on space availability). You must check course schedule and registration deadlines. A $100.00 transfer fee is required to transfer courses. Your transfer fee and new registration form must be received at least 30 days prior to the first day of the course for which you originally registered. Please note that a transfer fee is assessed on each transfer.
NOTE: PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR EMPLOYER FOR LOCAL CITY, STATE, FEDERAL AND OR UNION CONTINUING EDUCATION ALLOWANCE PROGRAMS.
Note: If purchasing course for someone other than yourself, add the attendee's contact information (Name, address, phone #, email) in the "Attendee Information" field in your shopping cart. Thank you.
Note: Registration confirmation will be sent along with assigned room # and additional information after payment processing is completed.
** Details of Course/Workshop Description have been read by applicant and are understood. **